Sunday 13 June 2010

So far......

I've been looking at my books on storyboarding to prepare what Megan, Chris and I will be doing next week for The Root of Love. Mainly there is a large emphasis on the lighting and the moods you can create on screen from such decisions. I want to try and make the mood lighthearted and summery because that's the feel I get from the script and I'd love to use watercolours for the storyboard but I'm worried that I'll be putting almost too much detail into a thing that will need a lot drafting.... But I've always thought the more detail and effort you put into a project, no matter how small or basic, then the end result will be all the much better. Just looking forward to sitting down with Meg and Chris to see what they think and to get creative! 

The auditions went well and the call back auditions are tomorrow at 2 so I will be filming them again. I felt we are working well as a team but there needs to be more communication in the way of knowing exactly who to go to for what and we've not yet had a group meeting which makes it difficult to know what our objectives are as a group. Personally I feel the schedule is a bit odd as the whole thing is sligtly staggered. Obviously it is up to each dept to go away and work and prepare themselves for what lies ahead and do as much groundwork as possible, but the scripts are still being redrafted and so it makes it hard to think ahead sometimes. I would have liked the whole process to had started a while back and so we could have started together with a finalised script from the word go. Another thing I'm not totally satisfied with is that there has not yet been any feedback for our scripts and I'd appreciate any type of feedback, especially as i have a lot of thoughts about my last draft. I wasn't happy with it and I am still passionate about my orgininal script and so would like feedback on how to develop rather than leave it there. 

On the other hand i'm looking forward to the call back auditions tomorrow and so we can cast the film and then one stage will have been successfully completed! 

:) xo

No comments:

Post a Comment